Izunome association USA Sangetsu instructors conference
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – SEPTEMBER 20-21 2014
For two days fourteen instructors from all over the United States, for the first time, studied from lessons received last April through Master Instructor Takagi from the Mother Church, and applied what they have been practicing and studying. One of these lessons, inspired by Meishu-sama’s arrangements, and regarding how much material to use: “Less is better”.
WEST COAST INSTRUCTORS
Instructors anonymously wrote what points they appreciated about their fellow instructors, so they would read on their way back to their homes. Many became emotional and had tears in their eyes for the beautiful, powerful, inspiring and kind words they were given.
Instructors joyfully explained what Sonen and Inspiration they had while arranging the flowers.
Each instructor made at least two arrangements, to create a Korinka with beautiful flowers. One of the vases utilized was a gift to each instructor so they could take home and remember what they studied.
On the first arrangement every instructor had a chance to explain they own arrangement and on the second part each one commented on each other arrangement.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM REV. MIURA’S MESSAGE
* We have a seed within us given by God to each one of us – a Divine Particle – so when arranging flowers, let us not forget that God too is always nurturing us with His great love, so we can be newly born.
* This Divine Particle is programmed to born anew as child of God, as a Messiah. (Rev. Miura gave the example of a Bird of Paradise flower – with its interesting shape – and how will grow as such a Bird of Paradise flower, and not any other type of flower.
* We are the sum total of our numerous ancestors; and we are God’s representative here on Earth.
* Materialize your gratitude on a daily basis. (Rev. Miura gave his personal example: before doing anything in the morning, before brushing his teeth or taking a shower, or having breakfast, he prepares his donation envelope and pray at his home altar).
* Reemphasis of the Direction from the Mother Church for 2014
GOALS SET BY THE INSTRUCTORS
- Our primary goal was to bring all instructors together and make our relationships closer than ever before.
- Lessons learned from Takagi Sensei study session last April were again shared and discussed among the instructors. Instructors will continue practicing what they absorbed from Takagi Sensei.
- Sangetsu Instructors Manual: Understanding of our Mission Statement; Requirements on Instructors Levels; the Manual itself will be polished (correction of typos, etc) and redistributed to the Instructors.
- Preparation for the Conference on 2015, doing fund raising activities and preparing advanced students for exams.
IMPRESSIONS FROM INSTRUCTORS DURING THE CONFERENCE
“We created some tasks to each instructor and one was the appreciation corner were they would write a positive point on each instructor. This was a very interesting activity.”
“It was amazing with the beauty of the arrangements. All instructors were very happy and grateful with the conference.”
“We would like to have a conference every year, because we are certain that every one returned with a wonderful spirit and ready to spread more and more our mission of creating a Paradise on Earth and to practice Meishu-sama’s flowers.”